Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Stay awhile and read a lot. Sign up and leave a comment if you'd like.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Possessed by Phoebe McFadden

     Have you ever met someone that just wouldn't stop talking about themselves? I have. Her name is Phoebe McFadden and she's the main character in my novel.
         I have never had a main character write me a letter of intruduction before, and let me tell you, it's an unnerving experience. I woke up a little after midnight a few weeks ago with the thoughts of this person banging around in my head searching for a way out. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get any sleep until I got all this information about Phoebe out of my head.
     I sat down at my computer all set to do a traditional character profile, but what I started typing was something completely different. I was barely conscious of my fingers flying over the keys. I was more of a spectator reading the words appearing before me. Phoebe started talking and didn't stop until I had typed three pages. The only reason I was able to stop was because I was falling asleep at the keyboard!
     At first, I thought I was going  crazy or something, but then I thought, "What the heck, if it works, go with it." I can't wait to write her story.
    

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing. :o I love the name, and the fact that she 'popped out' like that is awesome and shows she's bursting with vitality. I can't wait to meet her!

    Londy

    ReplyDelete