Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Stay awhile and read a lot. Sign up and leave a comment if you'd like.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fear of rejection or fear of success?

     Rejection is a part of life. It starts when you're a child when the other kids on the playground don't want to play with you. When you're a teenager you may be rejected by your peers for being different, or that person you had a crush on wouldn't speak to you. As an adult, you can be rejected while dating, or even be rejected by an employer. It doesn't matter when it happens, it always hurts. I fear rejection as many people do. I think that's why it's so hard for me to work up the courage to submit my writing to a magazine or publisher. I am afraid they will say I have no talent and should not waste any more time pursuing my passion.
     But is it rejection I'm afraid of or is it the fear of success? I've heard of people sabotaging themselves when they've become successful, thereby taking themselves out of the spotlight. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let that happen. I would be elated to be a successful author. I would love to be able to say I have x number of books that have been on the best seller list. Or, that a book I have written is being made into a movie. The only part of success I fear is not having my privacy. I wouldn't like to be hounded by paparazzi or crazed fans.
     I don't fear becoming successful, just the rejection that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment